Intensity – of a color
How does the primary color change in intensity with different background colors and values?
Bring the finished project to art class and share. ‘Color’ may be crayons, paint, oil pastels, colored pencils etc. – you choose.
This is what you need to try.
- Color a primary swatch.
- Color the complementary color swatch.
- Make a gray scale swatch – darkest to lightest.
- Tone your primary with medium gray and color another swatch.
- Cut the primary swatch into six pieces large enough to view comparisons.
- Glue the primary swatches onto the three remaining swatches.
Does the intensity of the primary color change with different backgrounds?